When you find out that you're pregnant your teeth are the last thing on your mind, but did you know that more than 1 in 2 women will have gum problems during pregnancy? The hormonal changes in your body make your gums more sensitive
I speak from experience, my teeth have never been great and pregnancy has taken it's toll on them too.
Here are my 5 top tips to help keep your teeth and gums in tip top condition during pregnancy
- Visit the dentist! In this country pregnant women receive free dental care(and for a year after too), so take advantage!
- Remember to brush twice a day, and change your toothbrush regularly.
- Floss!! Keep it handy and use when needed.
- Keep an eye on what you eat and drink and be aware of the sugars and acids going into your mouth.
- Use a good toothpaste, they aren't all the same. Oral B Pro Expert Premium Gum Protection is a perfect example of a good toothpaste to use during pregnancy.
If you have good oral health then your child is likely to be encouraged to do the same, Seb loves brushing his teeth at the same time as me and going to the dentist.
We were sent a sample of Oral-B Pro-Expert Premium Gum Protection toothpaste to try out as part of the BritMums and Oral-B Love Your Gums Challenge. The toothpaste is great, the taste is minty without being overpowering and it's great to know that with each brushing session my gums are being protected.
This post is an entry for BritMums’ #ORALBLoveYourGums Challenge sponsored by Oral-B, promoting healthy gums – something especially important for pregnant women. Get tips and advice on www.oralb-loveyourgums.com.