Barney has been sent some food from Babease Stage 2 range which is aimed at 7 months onwards. These pouches are a completely nutritionally balanced meal.
Babies have a natural tendency to prefer sweet tastes and tend to love fruit. It is important to introduce vegetables at the start of weaning journey while they most receptive to new flavours. This is why Babease have made their products vegetable led. The food itself is pretty smooth textured but with a thick consistency. Often baby food is a plain brown colour but in Babease food you can actually see the ingredients and the meals vary in colour depending on the flavour.
The current Stage 2 range has 5 meals available
- Sweet Potato, Tomato, Carrot and Quinoa with Chickpeas and Cumin
- Butternut Squash, Quinoa and Beetroot with Onion and Sage
- Chickpea, Pumpkin, Tomato and Coconut Cream with Herbs and Mild Masala
- Broccoli, Parsnip, Green and Puy Lentils with Onion, Fennel, Tomato and Herbs
- Brown Rice, Swede, Courgette and Kale with Onion, Garlic and Thyme
I am impressed with Babease Stage 2 food. The vegetable led weaning approach makes sense to me. I would love to see Babease extend their range to include vegetable based food and snacks for older babies and toddlers.
The Babease range is available now from a variety of retailers including Boots and Ocado.